Protecting the rights of foreign workers and improving working and living condition have been considered as a global issue in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
As foreign workers have played an important role in Japanese economy and society, it is important to address these issues, accept foreign workers responsibly, and make Japan a chosen destination to work.
We aim to promote inclusive economic growth and a sustainable society through supporting decent work for foreign workers to live safely and healthily.
We, the members of this platform, will cooperate with all stakeholders including ministries, local governments, related organizations, civil societies, academics and international organizations and act as follows toward the attainment of the “Society We Aim For.”
1. We will comply with relevant laws and regulations when accepting foreign workers.
2. We will strive to resolve issues by respecting human rights of foreign workers and improving the working and living conditions.
3. We will deepen mutual understanding and foster relationships of trust with foreign workers, both in the workplace and real life setting.
4. We will develop human resources to who are able to contribute to the development and stability of Japan as well as international community.
5. We will disseminate the platform initiatives across Japan and throughout the world.
The above actions will actively be asked not only for our member companies and organizations, but also for supply chain and related companies and organizations.